Our Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible, both Old (39 books) and New (27 books) Testaments, to be verbally inspired and inerrant in the original writings, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God, the complete, necessary, and sufficient revelation of His will for man’s salvation and conduct.
2. We believe that there is one God. He is perfect and is eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe that Jesus Christ was fully God and fully man in His incarnation. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. We believe in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death for our sins through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection from the dead for our justification, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father in heaven, where He intercedes as our High Priest.
4. We believe in the personal return of our Lord Jesus Christ in power and glory to establish His kingdom of righteousness and peace.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe man was originally created in the image of God. Through disobedience, self-centeredness, and sin, he incurred both physical and spiritual death. Thus, all are now born with a sinful nature, separated from God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of Jesus Christ.
7. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Those who believe and are saved will be resurrected into an eternity of life spent in God’s presence, in His distinct joy and bliss. All who are unrepentant and unbelieving are lost unto the resurrection of damnation, a Christless eternity of conscious torment in hell.
8. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and that the Church consists of all those who believe in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
9. We believe in the local Christian Church as the primary and sufficient vehicle initiated and founded by God through the power of the Holy Spirit to nurture new believers in faith, disciple mature believers, and evangelize the lost. Local Christian Church members join together for worship, prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the Gospel, and observance of the ordinances of believers’ Baptism and Communion instituted by the Lord Jesus.
10. We believe in the Great Commission to proclaim the Gospel of our Lord to the uttermost parts of the earth and to make disciples, thus giving man the Word of God in truth.