Galatians 6:2 is at the heart of our CalvaryCare Ministry:
Life can be extremely difficult at times, and as brothers and sisters in Christ, we are called to come alongside those who are hurting. CalvaryCare Ministry provides Christ’s healing love to the troubled through one-to-one relationships.
A CalvaryCare Minister is:
- A member of Calvary Baptist Church with a caring heart who was carefully selected to serve in this role,
- A mature Christian who faithfully walks beside someone who is hurting,
- A volunteer who received several months of training in providing loving care,
- A loving follower of Jesus who compassionately listens, prays, encourages and directs others to love and trust our awesome God,
- A committed and responsible person who will provide ongoing care (usually for about an hour a week) for as long as there is a need.
Who can receive this support?
Men and women (18 yrs. or older) who are going through a particularly difficult season in life such as:
- Loss of a loved one
- Divorce or separation
- Loneliness or discouragement
- Spiritual crisis
- Unemployment or job crisis
- A terminal illness
- A chronic illness
- Recovery after an accident
What kind of care is provided?
You will be matched with a same-gendered CalvaryCare Minister and typically meet for about an hour each week in a mutually agreed upon location, perhaps in the convenience of your own home. Your CalvaryCare Minister will be there for you by coming alongside of you and encouraging you to stay close to God as you persevere in faith.
CalvaryCare Ministers are prepared to listen to you, ask questions, pray with you, share comforting and relevant Scripture, and help you to see Jesus in the midst of the trial you are facing. These relationships will be strictly confidential.
God never intended for us to face our struggles alone. It is our hope that your CalvaryCare Minister will serve as a tangible expression of God’s love for you. Please prayerfully consider receiving the blessing of a CalvaryCare Minister.
How can I receive a CalvaryCare Minister?
You could simply call the Church Office at 610.365.5300 and speak with a receptionist who will pass your name along to Kathy Habrial, our CalvaryCare Ministry Coordinator. Kathy will contact you and help determine if this ministry would be of benefit to you.